The CRRC serves the community of Canyon Lake by providing vital social-service resources as well as life-enriching recreational and educational opportunities.
The CRRC supports the community because it is supported by the community. The CRRC is a 501(c)3 organization. All donations are tax deductible.
Maybe you know what CRRC is. Maybe you even know what the initials in CRRC stand for.
But, chances are you think that CRRC is the Rec Center, located across the road from the library on the Dam Access Road. Or, maybe you know that the CRRC is the emergency food pantry, located in our Main Office in Sattler. Possibly, you’re aware that CRRC hosts a thrift store that funds something; but you’re not sure just what it funds.
Well, all three of the above are true. And, there’s a lot more to us!
What do we do?
- Offer recreational activities
- Provide a great place to shop
- Give food to families in need
- House facilities for community events/functions
- Rent out facilities
What do we have?
Three campuses with various services and facilities
What can we help you with?
- Making new friends
- Finding an exercise class suited just for you
What activities do we offer?
- Spurs youth basketball
- Western dance classes
- Celtic Dancing
- Weight Watchers
Who can participate?
- Anyone who wants to!
- Kids in kids programs
- Adults in adults’ classes
Who can we help?
- Anyone in Canyon Lake – and sometimes outside
- Canyon Lake families that have lived here at least six months can receive emergency financial assistance
What do we sell?
- Sporting goods
- What are you looking for?!
What don’t we sell?
What do we need?
- Financial support
- Graphic design assistance
We started in 1983 to provide food and clothing to those in need. We’ve changed a bit since then, and, we have plans to change a little bit more!