COMMUNITY RESOURCE & RECREATION CENTER (CRRC) POSITION DESCRIPTION
Canyon Lake, TX
CRRC Thrift Store Manager
Reports to: Director of Operations
Status: Full-time Exempt
Pay: Commensurate with Experience
Purpose of Position:
Serve as the CRRC Thrift Store Manager with responsibility of the daily operations of the CRRC Thrift Store and Barn Areas to include administration, inventory, merchandising, scheduling, cleaning, maintenance, and safety of the facilities.
Thrift Store Manager success is measured through annual performance appraisal by the Director of Operations through quantifiable standards that ensure quality of operations and customer service. Exceptional people skills are required in dealing with the public, superiors, subordinates, volunteers, clients, contractors, Board of Directors, and other stakeholders.
CRRC THRIFT STORE DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be responsible for daily management of all functions of the Thrift Store and programs.
- Recruit, train, schedule, monitor, and inspect work of assigned staff and volunteers.
- Maintain an organized, orderly, and clean environment of all buildings and grounds, including the Barn and storage areas.
- Schedule staff and volunteers as required for the business. Manage staff hours to avoid overtime expense.
- Monitor facilities and areas for safety and security issues and ensure compliance with local fire and building codes.
- Develop and maintain a knowledge of, and personal relationship with, volunteers, as well as direct, encourage and support them in their Thrift Store activities.
- Maintain an organized, pleasant environment for staff, volunteers, and store patrons.
- Oversee selective choice of incoming donations and pricing procedures to ensure consistency and promote prompt sale and inventory turnover.
- Oversee pricing procedures for online sales activity.
- Strategize sales and marketing plans to drive revenue into the store.
- Evaluate sales reports and customer/donation feedback.
- Direct the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and work standards for store.
- Devise strategies to ensure growth by identifying and implementing process improvements that will maximize sales and store efficiencies.
- Provide input into the development of budgets; maintain facility budgets and develop requests for supplies under the supervision of the Director of Operations.
- Create strategies to challenge theft and stock losses and implement initiatives to reduce CRRC costs.
- Maintain accurate records for receipts of income and follow policy on handling of cash and credit card receipts.
- Provide monthly report to Operations Director for review by Executive Director and Board of Directors.
- Motivate staff and volunteers and lead performance reviews, to ensure engaged and skilled workforce.
- Collaborate with leadership to build an environment of collective responsibility and accountability.
- Ensure adherence to key performance objectives to meet expectations of donators and shoppers.
- Market CRRC programs and special events to external sources, i.e., print and social media, to promote attendance with current policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
- Address and resolve any problems customer/donors may have.
- Close daily till, prepare daily deposits and oversee cash register sales for accuracy.
- Oversee hours and time reports of staff and volunteers to assist with payroll.
- Conducts periodic special sales to reduce inventories and make room for new
- Maintain and design floor and shelving sales space.
- Maintain Thrift Store social media sites along with any online sales activity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- At least three years in thrift store or other retail management experience,
including merchandising, managing inventory, floor display, retail sales, scheduling, and recruitment of staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems, such as word processing, managing files and record, design and function of forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of marketing principles and various media.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Basic cash register, computer, and calculator skills
- Able to solve problems, make decisions, set priorities, and keep accurate, orderly records.
- Must be able to perform average physical activities and stand up most of the workday.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume.
May be dropped off at: 1917 FM 2673 in Sattler, TX 78133
Mailed to P.O. Box 1472, Canyon Lake, TX 78133
Or emailed to: email@example.com